My New Brooder-Pics!

coffeemama

Barista Queen
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Oregono
After searching for the perfect brooder, I came across this https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=418428#p418428 and showed it to my husband. He quickly got to work on a very similar one with a few additions such as the plexi viewing window for our 2 year old daughter. In the photo, you can see the chicks looking a bit perplexed about what to do with all of the space. They are settling in and exploring now. My daughter was also generous enough to let them borrow her little play barn.

brooder_0447_ed.jpg

brooder_0446_ed.jpg

She's a beauty. I wanna build a new brooder like that one, if you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions?

looks nice.from the looks of the chicks, you might want to cover a good portion of the wire mesh top to hold some of the heat in(huddled under the light).my brooders have wire as well and i use and old towel folded up to close off the biggest portion of the top while they are real young.gradually removed it as they get older.will allow for temp. adjustment.

Thanks everyone!

Billy Bob~ it is 4x4ft, the brooder part is 1.5ft tall and the legs are 1.5ft tall
smile.png

GotCochins? :

looks nice.from the looks of the chicks, you might want to cover a good portion of the wire mesh top to hold some of the heat in(huddled under the light).my brooders have wire as well and i use and old towel folded up to close off the biggest portion of the top while they are real young.gradually removed it as they get older.will allow for temp. adjustment.

Actually they weren't under the light-just looks like it from the angle. I took the photo about 30 seconds after I put them in, and they were just a bit scared, huddled in the back.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom