my new cochin chicks...pic

BBK

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
upstate NY
I got the cutest lil cochin chicks from PeepsInc at the tail gate sale.
celebrate.gif

Any ideas what the color/s will be when they get bigger. I'm only showing ya one pic, but i have more and individual ones as well.

27992_group2.jpg

All are doing great, they difinitly got a lilttle spring in their step...lol
They're eating like little piggies too. So, they'll be big in no time.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for looking and all of the info you can give me...

Melinda

They are beautiful, I am concerned about the poo on the right. It looks bloody. Hopefully I am seeing wrong. It is early.

Watch them.

I don't know- looks like you might get 3 blacks and one blue. The one on the far right is a toss up. I had a pale yellow/blue one turn completely black. Not that I have anything against black! Cochins are great- in any size & color!
love.gif

Don't you just LOVE them? I recently got a 7 month old roo from Star Cochin's here in Ga. I had a mean roo and replaced him with a breed I knew would be sweet and gentle. He's so sweet we named him Albert he just didn't seem like a Bart or Red or any of the tough Rooster names out there. I could go on and on about how great I think they are!!!
wee.gif
You know the only complaint I have with him is he free ranges all day and his little feathered feet get red and irritated if the grass is wet but he gets very depressed if his wives go out without him.

you can see his feet do get red around the featers
8175_dscf2821_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Hmmm, I was gonna say 3 different shades of blue and one black. Shows what I know
hu.gif

When my BBS Ameraucanas hatch out like that, they usually end up various shades of blue and the blacks are always black from the start.

I've been checking their butts too, b/c they're so little....
yippiechickie.gif

and they look ok, i don't know why the poo is that color except i did used a flash taking the pic...

so you don't think that one that's all light blueish could be a lavender or something? there's no other color to her... I think i'm naming her Trudy. Don't know why tho...
idunno.gif

So my next question would be, at an adult age, should they have the two colors, like the one with the darker wings, or will that grow out?

what is the correct shade of blue? maybe that should be my question then....

I love'em so far, but i've only had them since Sunday. And now my son wants them....
frow.gif

oh well.
melinda

Back
Top Bottom