My new coop project

Quote:
Linda stop trying to give away your chicks so you can hatch more!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Here are the roof panels being slid onto the top. Those were so heavy they had to be pushed up on top of my truck and then slid over onto the coop.
48840_putting_on_roof.jpg

This is inside, pushing the roof into place. You can see how the shelves on the front and back walls are hinged, so I can just let down the ones I want to use.
48840_roof.jpg

Here is the front side of the coop. It is placed against a steel carport frame that will form part of the pen. We.re going to put chain link fencing around the frame, so easy, not even any post holes to dig! BUT, the legs of the carport are holding two of the awning/flaps closed. Have to think of a way to get those open. The room to the far right is the storage room with the incubator/brooder room next to it.
At this point there is only a roof on the storage room.
48840_coop.jpg

Last edited:
SOOOOOOO cool. I'm waiting for my craig's list deal. U really ought to leave the sign "Buy one get one free" for all those unwanted roosters ur going to be hatching.
lau.gif
gig.gif
woot.gif

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Great vision! I probably would have skimmed right over the ad.

I had already drawn up plans for a coop, modular, so it could be bolted together. My plans and the fireworks stand were almost identical!
The ad title was "Wooden Sheds" so that's what caught my eye. If it had said "Fireworks Stands" I probably wouldn't have looked at it.
The place I went to pick it up was a Phantom Fireworks warehouse in Fresno. Evidently they sell off 10-15 used stands every year. Heh, I might have to get another one next year.

WOW. Just wow. WOW. What a score!

And what an interesting project! How freakin' cool is that!!!

SO AWESOME! I would have LOVED to find that score!!! Great job!

Can't wait to see finished pics!!​

tammyd57

Can you post up your plans?

I am getting ready to build a larger coop that I would like to make bolt together and semi portable.

(Still working on how to construct a gabled roof that can be broken down into 4x8 or smaller sections and not leak.)

Back
Top Bottom