My new coop sign!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ThePolishPrincess, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, sort of, anyway. No writing, but it'll still be part of the coop. My Silkies are like little dolls, I love to pamper and baby them. [​IMG] My newest contribution:

Half 1 (Crixus and the white girlie)

[​IMG]

Half 2 (Ophelia and Dolly)

[​IMG]

The whole thing:

[​IMG]

It looks better in person. I have a terrible camara. And sadly, Ms. Whitie is a feather pecker so we're not getting attached. She'll always be in the painting though. I worked with acrylics and the painting is done on scrap wood. [​IMG] It might be an inside sign-it came out too nice to be an outside one. But it still needs work. I need to fill in where there is blue showing-with a fine tooth comb. And detailing...but this is it so far. Hope to hang it in the spring.

Thanks for looking!

2. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Nice painting!!! I have to try this! What kind of paint did you use?

3. ThePolishPrincess

Quote:The brand is 'Golden Acrylics' acrylic paints. Really good stuff. I prefer acrylics over other paints-quick drying, easy to work with, and durable.

4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

*very* nicely done! You're quite talented, and thank you for sharing it with us. It gives me some good ideas because I want to do something similar eventually, though we don't have any polishes or silkies (hehehehe "yet").

5. ThePolishPrincess

Thank you! [​IMG] I've begun planning a new sign, hopefully one with words. Crested breeds are actually among the easiest to paint/draw, IMO. Placement of the beak or comb or even a beard comes more naturally when you have a referance point such as the crest. I've tried detailed non-crested birds, and I say kudos to anyone to can paint one where it looks even remotely like a chicken. [​IMG]

6. Hanaruru

Hanaruru Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    Puget Sound Area
    Cool! i like rainbow-ness of the colors. and having them all in a row reminds me of the Beatles Abbey Road album cover [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by