My new coop.

Shagrat

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2015
Rushville, IL
Here are some pics of my coop project. It's a variation of the mul-t-coop from the DIY Chichen Coop book.

I haven't got the two side rooms done, but the birds are moved into the large room. It has an 8x12 coop, 2 8x8s & an 8x12 storage room. Once it's warm enough, I'll trim it out & paint.

I picked up some used windows for $40.

Roost lifts up for cleaning.

Sliding door is a re-purposed refrigerator shelf.

Inside you can see the pull cable for the sliding door.

I'll add more pictures once it's painted & the side coops are finished.

Fantastic coop. If I was to build such a great one,, only thing I would do differently...... I would pour a cement floor ..( personal preference) If you used treated lumber on floor, then you are good also. Should last a looooooooong time.
WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

Fantastic coop. If I was to build such a great one,, only thing I would do differently...... I would pour a cement floor ..( personal preference) If you used treated lumber on floor, then you are good also. Should last a looooooooong time.
WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Floor is all treated.

Coops need a lot more ventilation than houses. The more you can put in the better. There isn't much of an overhang to shelter gable-type vents, so venting along the peak would be the best option. Chickens produce a lot of moisture, and it's essential that it gets vented out. Otherwise, you may end up with frostbite or respiratory issues. Ventilation is just as important in winter.

Back
Top Bottom