My new ducklings.

Sirenic

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 14, 2012
Thought I'd share these pictures with the community!

4 Pekin ducks, and 2 goslings.

The gosling seem to be babys, always trying to 'squeeze' in there, haha.. ( They are laying under the heat lamp but I turned it off for a few minutes while snapping these pictures or else they wouldn't turn out so well!)

Aw! They're adorable! Congratulations on the new additions!

I also wanted to let you know that using newspaper isn't a good idea. The slippery surface can cause leg problems in young poultry. I would switch that out with some pine shavings, or even put some pine shavings on top of the newspaper.

GASP! They're BREATH TAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Aw! They're adorable! Congratulations on the new additions!

I also wanted to let you know that using newspaper isn't a good idea. The slippery surface can cause leg problems in young poultry. I would switch that out with some pine shavings, or even put some pine shavings on top of the newspaper.
Thanks everyone, every time I go visit them, they make me laugh. haha, super cute.

And yeah I got some shavings 'under' it. But I tried shavings at first and all they tried to do was eat it! so I got nervous and put news paper on instead, unsure what else to use besides either shavings or news paper :(

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, every time I go visit them, they make me laugh. haha, super cute.

And yeah I got some shavings 'under' it. But I tried shavings at first and all they tried to do was eat it! so I got nervous and put news paper on instead, unsure what else to use besides either shavings or news paper :(
You know the shelf stuff at the dollar store it has tiny holes and is rubber matting like/ get some of it to use for first 2 weeks. after that they won't eat the shaving, you can wash this stuff and it is cheap so you can wash one piece and use another. great stuff.

You know the shelf stuff at the dollar store it has tiny holes and is rubber matting like/ get some of it to use for first 2 weeks. after that they won't eat the shaving, you can wash this stuff and it is cheap so you can wash one piece and use another. great stuff.

oh yeah, I shall go get some of that stuff this weekend.

Thanks guys!

The ducks sure do make a mess with their water too... but thats natural :p Clean clean clean everyday! I can't wait till their older, but another side of me tells me that I wish they could stay tiny cause their just so gosh darn cute!

Back
Top Bottom