My new girl! ~UPDATE WITH PICTURES~ page 2

I have 2 adult hens. One is rarely vocal while the other buck-wheets all day long, non-stop. My almost 6 month old that they are raising just started buck-wheeting a couple of weeks ago and is not very vocal. She goes in spurts, buck-wheeting for hours non-stop and then nothing for days. I thought for sure she was a he. My other 6 month olds that are penned have been buck-wheeting forever it seems, and are very vocal.
Miss Guinea is still young. I think she may start getting more vocal when she gets older. I haven't heard one "Buckweat" from her yet. She does make those trilling and tweeting noises.

~AnnElise

If she thinks she's a chicken she may not buck-wheat much, (that's not a bad thing, lol). Glad to see she's being accepted into your chicken flock, and yep, her head looks lots better! Glad the Hens didn't make it any worse, but I'm sure she wised up and learned to dodge and weave too, lol.

Congrats again and Thanks for the update pics!

If she thinks she's a chicken she may not buck-wheat much, (that's not a bad thing, lol). Glad to see she's being accepted into your chicken flock, and yep, her head looks lots better! Glad the Hens didn't make it any worse, but I'm sure she wised up and learned to dodge and weave too, lol.

Congrats again and Thanks for the update pics!
Lol! I think my neighbors might appreciate no buckweating! Her head is healing nicely. She got her poor head stuck in the chain link fence. Now she has a little gash.
sad.png
She has learned well! I saw her weaving between angry hens, and she came out alive! lol!

~AnnElise

Back
Top Bottom