My new grow out pen--Almost

quailmale

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Brevard County Florida
My new 80 % built grow out pen, everyone said go big so you don't have a " Shoulda-Coulda" moment. It's 16 ft long, 4 ft wide, 3 ft high
and about 4 ft off the ground. It'll be finished this weekend I hope. HD was out of 3 ft Hardware cloth so I'm shoppin.

81617_quailpen.jpg

Last edited:
I have heard that you have to have so many posts before you can put pics up. not sure how many.maybe 10 or more. Oops,spoke too soon. I see your pic now. Nice.

Last edited:
Now that looks like its gonna be a nice pen.... makes me wanna build just one more BIG one!!! Bill

At's the way to build it............just keep puttin' it off for another day or three.........eat blony sammiches............and put that $20 you woulda spent on good vittles, and buy some 2 x 6 x 16's instead of 12 footers........... Just keep budgetizing like that, and you'll realize them blony sammiches weren't that bad when you're standin' there admiring that big ol' pen......
smile.png

Quote:
Blony Samiches? Do it my way and you get instant grits for breakfast, some green beans from the garden for lunch, then leftover deer chili for supper. No use for samiches when you got deer and quail in the freezer.
smile.png

Quote:
Blony Samiches? Do it my way and you get instant grits for breakfast, some green beans from the garden for lunch, then leftover deer chili for supper. No use for samiches when you got deer and quail in the freezer.
smile.png

Ha Ha!! I only get to eat that kinda stuff on speshul occasions.........like Thanksgiving......
smile.png

QUAILMALE THE PEN LOOKS SERIOUSLY SWWEEEEEET!
smile.png

JUST A SUGGESTION--- LOTSA SIDE HINGED DOORS... PLACED STARTEGICALLY SO YOU CAN REACH ALL AREAS OF THE PEN FOR MAINTENANCE AND EGG COLLECTION

OH, AND....

welcome-byc.gif

JUST NOTICED THE FOLLIAGE IN THE BACKGROUND.... LOOKS ALOT LIKE FLORIDA, BETTER WRAP THE BOTTOM OF THAT PEN SO NO PREDATORS CAN GET UNDER IT
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hey, with these gas prices, I had to "upgrade" to blony when the shelves are clear of my off-brand potted meat and crackers. I still got tap water comin' out of the spigot, tho.......... LOL.....
smile.png

(Quailmale.....we ain't tryin' to hijack your thead, Sir..........If I couldn't get on here and shoot tha breeze with some folks after comin' home from what I have to conted with every day, I'd go NUTS....
smile.png
However, keep them pics comin' of that pen. Just when a feller thinks he's thought of every which way there is to build a pen, here comes another idea.....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom