My new hen .. what is she?

Hayleeo

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2020
We got this baby and was told she’s an Ameraucana , but she doesn’t lay the same coloured eggs as my other one.
ive tried to find pictures of the breed that look like her hut haven’t come across any.
Is she a mixed breed or maybe another breed of hen?

Attachments

• A46DEC52-4BA0-426C-931E-E3271688D5A7.jpeg
    A46DEC52-4BA0-426C-931E-E3271688D5A7.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 14
We got this baby and was told she’s an Ameraucana , but she doesn’t lay the same coloured eggs as my other one.
ive tried to find pictures of the breed that look like her hut haven’t come across any.
Looks like Barred Rock X Egyptian Fayoumi.

What color eggs does she lay? Blue? Green? White? Brown? Tan or Cream?

At first glance I'd think she had Cream Crested Legbar in her, except she doesn't have a crest. I have some Mars Bars (Black Copper Marans x Cream Crested Legbar pullets) and some of them don't have a crest though. She's definitely mixed. I'd be curious to see what color egg she lays.

At first glance I'd think she had Cream Crested Legbar in her, except she doesn't have a crest. I have some Mars Bars (Black Copper Marans x Cream Crested Legbar pullets) and some of them don't have a crest though. She's definitely mixed. I'd be curious to see what color egg she lays.
I’ll post the next egg she lays :) but they’re cream with a tint of blue

We got this baby and was told she’s an Ameraucana
She lays cream colored eggs with a slight tint of blue

Then she's probably an Easter Egger.

Easter Egger is a handy term for a chicken that lays eggs that are blue or green, but that doesn't fit the description for any specific breed. (Usually because they come from a mix of breeds, selected for colored egg laying but not for any other trait.)

She does not look like an actual Ameraucana, but it is common for people selling Easter Eggers to call them "Ameraucanas" or "Araucanas," even when they're not.

Back
Top Bottom