My new partridge pullet

Puresilk

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Yale
I picked her up a couple weeks ago out of missouri. Would you consider her a partridge? Her toe separation is good, doesnt have much feathering on her middle toe, but i got a couple roosters that could help with that in respect to chicks.
gretchen1.JPG

I picked up another one that has almost perfect color and pretty typey but she would not hold still, couldnt get a decent picture of her for the life of me.

Last edited:
Here is one of my 4 partridge pullets. I had not been able to get a decent pic of her til now. What do you guys think?
mona_lisa1.JPG

Thanks, she is my prettiest hen. Any thoughts on the top pic, the younger pullet? Do you think she is partridge or off colored buff?

I was hopin some of the silkie folks that are up on genetics and standards could jump in here?

Top one looks too light, does not look like it has the proper lacing for the partridge. Also, she looks like she has sparse toe feathering/sparse cushion. She looks like a very kind pet.

It isn't easy to judge from a picture,..

The second looks better,.. but again, hard to tell much from a picture.

Last edited:
She is still quite young, her cushion is ok, but she does have sparse feathering on her toes...will just have to wait and see what she turns into, be interesting anyway
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom