My new Pygmies...

Well luckily ivermec has a really long shelf life
wink.png

Goats do bloat and they get entero (overeating disease), so introduce everything slowly. Your alfalfa should be fine for them as long as it's not moldy. As far as grain amounts, start low (maybe 1/4 cup 2x/day) and work up to 1 cup per feeding slowly. Also, the grass isn't a no-no...just offer the other stuff, too
wink.png

The little black is called a sundgau, a color which can occur in several goat breeds. I have a sundgau Nigi doe. I also have a silkie fainter who doesn't faint (not all of them do)...so you never know. The other one isn't called a silver...actually it's a grey agouti. I love that color.

You can also use the ivomec on your chickens:

"Ivermectin is effective against a large variety of worms and works also against mites. You can place a drop of the oil based medication on the skin behind the neck, or administer orally: Give 7 drops orally to a bantam and 0.25cc to a large chicken. If you put it in their waterer, use 6 cc / gallon for 2 days and to treat for worms, repeat in 12 days. To inject, give subcutaneously as follows: Little bantams (rosecombs, golden seabrights: 0.5cc. Brahmas, Silkies, Orpingtons: 1.0 cc. Standards: 1.5 cc. Jersey Giants: 2cc"
Yes, ration the food and feed 2x a day while they are still growing. Goats will over eat on the grain if you just fill the bowl. How much to feed should be on the bag.
"The other one isn't called a silver...actually it's a grey agouti. I love that color." helmstead is right it is a grey...I misspoke...or misstyped?
hmm.png
lol.
Some of my goats do eat grass....and no one is starving around here. I think they do it more in the spring because it's a nice break from the hay after a long winter. They get pickier as the summer progresses.
Also, keep their water buckets clean. Goats don't like drinking from a dirty bucket and you want to make sure they stay hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom