My new quail babies

Cherlyn

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Alconbury, England
Here are some of my new little coturnix babies. When will I be able to tell what sort they are?

~Cherlyn

23594_img_4362.jpg

Quote:
You can tell right now!
big_smile.png

The little one with his wing in the waterer is a golden, as is the light colored striped one on the right. The all yellow one looks like an english white, but it doesn't quite look yellow enough. You all have some colors over there that we don't have here
smile.png
The one all the way in the front looks like a brown, but it is very red. Could still be brown, or could be something else. Then there is one on the left in the back that looks like a tibetan, or dark range. You can pm Ironsun and ask him, he's on your side of the pond and would know better if I'm right
big_smile.png

The rest look like browns.

Quote:
You can tell right now!
big_smile.png

The little one with his wing in the waterer is a golden, as is the light colored striped one on the right. The all yellow one looks like an english white, but it doesn't quite look yellow enough. You all have some colors over there that we don't have here
smile.png
The one all the way in the front looks like a brown, but it is very red. Could still be brown, or could be something else. Then there is one on the left in the back that looks like a tibetan, or dark range. You can pm Ironsun and ask him, he's on your side of the pond and would know better if I'm right
big_smile.png

The rest look like browns.

Hey, thanks so much! I will get a group photo of all of them and PM Ironsun to see what they say.
big_smile.png

~Cherlyn

Hi,

No need to PM me, I've seen the post lol.

Ok, you have in the photo, a single dark range, 2 normal golds and either a cinnamon or fawn gold, bit hard to say with with out a better photo of them. The rest are normals (Browns)

Congratulations on your hatch, you'll be additted now I suppose? lol.

Shellyd, Very often the normals (browns) do have a reddish tinge on them over here (UK) I get a lot of them in bought in eggs. I can't be certain but I thinks it's the way they are bred, most people here have breeding groups of mixed colours and over time the some Normals have devoloped that tinge.

In my pure bred normals they are very different, they are more like yours, very dark in colour, and if nessaccary I can mix the two sorts together for a while until I can ring each bird when they start to feather up with no problems.

Ironsun.

Back
Top Bottom