My new quail babies

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Cherlyn, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Here are some of my new little coturnix babies. When will I be able to tell what sort they are?

~Cherlyn

[​IMG]

2. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    congrats on the new babies. im setting 100 tonight [​IMG] i hope they do as good as yours

3. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:100; wow! [​IMG] Best of luck!

~Cherlyn

4. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    yea 100. I just hatched 18. Mmmmm some of them are going to taste very good [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:You can tell right now! [​IMG]
    The little one with his wing in the waterer is a golden, as is the light colored striped one on the right. The all yellow one looks like an english white, but it doesn't quite look yellow enough. You all have some colors over there that we don't have here [​IMG] The one all the way in the front looks like a brown, but it is very red. Could still be brown, or could be something else. Then there is one on the left in the back that looks like a tibetan, or dark range. You can pm Ironsun and ask him, he's on your side of the pond and would know better if I'm right [​IMG]
    The rest look like browns.

6. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:You can tell right now! [​IMG]
    The little one with his wing in the waterer is a golden, as is the light colored striped one on the right. The all yellow one looks like an english white, but it doesn't quite look yellow enough. You all have some colors over there that we don't have here [​IMG] The one all the way in the front looks like a brown, but it is very red. Could still be brown, or could be something else. Then there is one on the left in the back that looks like a tibetan, or dark range. You can pm Ironsun and ask him, he's on your side of the pond and would know better if I'm right [​IMG]
    The rest look like browns.

Hey, thanks so much! I will get a group photo of all of them and PM Ironsun to see what they say. [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

7. Ironsun

Ironsun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    Cumbria
    Hi,

No need to PM me, I've seen the post lol.

Ok, you have in the photo, a single dark range, 2 normal golds and either a cinnamon or fawn gold, bit hard to say with with out a better photo of them. The rest are normals (Browns)

Congratulations on your hatch, you'll be additted now I suppose? lol.

Shellyd, Very often the normals (browns) do have a reddish tinge on them over here (UK) I get a lot of them in bought in eggs. I can't be certain but I thinks it's the way they are bred, most people here have breeding groups of mixed colours and over time the some Normals have devoloped that tinge.

In my pure bred normals they are very different, they are more like yours, very dark in colour, and if nessaccary I can mix the two sorts together for a while until I can ring each bird when they start to feather up with no problems.

Ironsun.

8. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yay!!!

~Cherlyn

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    That last pic is just adorable!!! [​IMG]

10. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm with Shelly. That last pic is just adorable!!! Good job on a great hatch [​IMG]. Beautiful babies!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by