My new re-vamped Craigslist coop. Isn't it cute? *pics*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Pharm Girl, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Thank you!

2. nelgkel

nelgkel Songster

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    Quote:What a transformation! It's amazing what a little TLC will do!

I love love the uniqueness of yours!! Never seen one like it! love all the doors and ease of cleaning! AWESOME job!!

3. LindsayB

LindsayB Songster

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    WOW, that is beautiful! I love it!!

4. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Quote:What a transformation! It's amazing what a little TLC will do!

I love love the uniqueness of yours!! Never seen one like it! love all the doors and ease of cleaning! AWESOME job!!

I can't get enough picture of coops and love a good project. Wouldn't that make a good thread? Before and afters of peoples trash to treasure coops! Hmmmm......

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  5. wannabchick

wannabchick Songster

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I think that is absolutely adorable
    [​IMG]

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    Love it! I just got a bunny hutch to convert. No cute roof like yours but otherwise the same type of shape. Now I am inspired. What is that floor covering you are using?

7. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    I just use plain old sand. I love it. I have an old kitty litter scoop and in the mornings when I let them out, I scoop out the poop and throw it in the compost. No shavings mess, no hay mess, cheap, takes ten seconds. All good.

8. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Songster

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    I noticed some ventilation under the nest boxes. looks like it could be drafty.

Really nice coop though, good job

9. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Quote:I know, I didn't want to interrupt the look of the front by cutting holes and adding ventilation there. You can't see it well, but the sides and back are mostly vinyl siding. I wasn't sure how to cut through it and keep it water safe, so I added cut outs on each side of the coop where I could. If it's windy or freezing, I figure I can just cover them. Luckily we live in the Pac NW and it's pretty warm and wet most of the year. I am also going to make a screen for one of the doors in the front for summer time. By screen, I mean hardware clothed window that covers the whole opening so I can leave one door fully open in the warmer temps.

10. Hopeful Peacock

Hopeful Peacock In the Brooder

Oct 2, 2009
    middle TN
    Gorgeous. Very inspiring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: