My new roost I just built

Bigfatchicken

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
sarasota, Florida
45521_img_0432.jpg
A roost with poop trays. They say 95% of your chickens poop ends up at the roosting site.

Nice job there Bigfatchicken,

But you are wrong... 95% of the chicken poop is on my deck.
roll.png

Imp- planning a hose + poop party on the deck today

Last edited:
Nicely done, but I am having an uh-oh moment. How is it going to be attached to a wall and is the angle going to be a lot steeper?
It seems that you are assuming they will all be facing the same direction. Mine roost facing both ways and if there isn't enough separation between the roost poles the top ones are pooping on the lower ones.

Ok, this is probably another Dumb question by me, but here goes anyway...

With all the various levels there, for the birds to select,... and the angle of how it is stood up,....
Wouldn't that allow for the birds that are on the higher roost's to poop on the backs of the birds on the lower roosts ???
or,...
Do the chickens tend to avoid this by not roosting directly below one another ?

I'm not trying to be a smartazzz here,.... (this is my first time in having chickens in over 30 years), and I am currently building my own coop while trying to maintain a layout for maximum "Poop Management", LOL!, so this is why I'm asking about it.

My 6 chicks are 3 weeks old, and still in the brooder for a few more weeks.

Well on edit here,...
I guess my question was just answered by the above post, while I was typing my original post.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Imp - ME TOO!!!! i just bought a new faucet with a jet attachment...my deck is a mess! if i'm inside, they all stand at the sliding door and stare (pitifully)....i think they "hold it" till they get to the door!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom