My new silkie I got!

ilovemysilkie

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 31, 2013
Wisconsin

Any names for it? I don't know if its a boy or girl yet so I need names that could be used for a boy or girl!
jumpy.gif

Nice picture Buddy!!

ilovemysilkie is my 11 y/o daughter. We are raising our first brood of chickens. We were living in the Milwaukee area, but I recently started a new job in central WI, so we decided to raise some chickens. My friend raised some (50 is "some", right?) Cornish Crosses last year, as well as some turkeys, but I wanted some layers as well as meat birds, so we got:

Egg Birds:
2 Barred Rock
2 White Rock
2 Silver-laced Wyandotte
2 Black Austrolorp
2 Buff Orpington
2 Americana
1 White Silkie (for my little Buddy)
1 Mille Fleur (for my wife)

Meat Birds:
6 Cornish Cross
6 Red Ranger

I bought all the wood yesterday for my laying bird coop/run and my meat bird coop/tractor, and my little Buddy is going to help me build it. She helped me set up the brooder yesterday, and we went today to go get the day-old chicks from a (not-so-local) hatchery. It was a good 3-hour round trip drive, but it was time well-spent as a family going to get them.

I have spent a lot of time reading on this site, as well as looking at pictures of coops, so I figured I might as well join and starting posting. That was hastened by my little Buddy posting here first, so I figured I'd chime in and give her thread a bump.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom