My new special duckling

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I couldn't help myself today I went into Tractor Supply just to get feed, when I saw they had ducklings. I wasn't going to get any until I saw this one special looking one. I just couldn't leave him there, he was just to special. I seem to have a soft spot for the not perfect ones, I already have a goose with a crooked bill, a duck that isn't quite all there, and another with a bum tail after a fox got her. So this little one seemed like a perfect fit. So here is my special little pekin duckling, with two bottom beaks, I guess it had a twin that hadn't totally absorbed, but he sure is cute
love.gif
Now to think of a fitting name for this special little one. I also picked up one other, since you have to get two, but she is big and perfect and soo loud!

What a lucky little duckling to have a home now with such a caring person. Thank you for giving this little guy a chance at a normal life.

How precious!
love.gif
I'm curious, does he eat and drink normal?
He's so lucky to have a loving home now.
He eats and drinks just fine. He has a normal bottom jaw that matches up to his top. He just has an extra bill and tongue off the side of the normal bill. We have decided to call him Gene, since his genes aren't quite right, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom