My Newest Reptiles!

theOEGBman

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Central California
Well, I went to a reptile show in Sacramento this morning and met up with Madison (Kanchii). We had a blast and both got some amazing geckos! She even tried to talk me into buying a leo, but Im a sucker for cresties! We saw so many cool reptiles and even a few insects. I held my first hissing roach today, thanks to Madison! Anyways, here are the new kids. Unsexed and they have no names! Anyone have ideas? On the names of course.
lol.png

Madison, this one is "Gary"! See how light he got!

197.jpg

199.jpg

And here is my other one! * who would NOT sit still! *

203.jpg

205.jpg

Thanks for looking folks, and Madison, thanks for the fun day!

aww how cute! I am going to have to take the jump and get a gecko one of these days. I have neve had any lizzerds/reptiles but I always look at the geckos and iguanas whe i go into the pet store. They sure are cute

What kind of home do these guys need? They look like they're smiling!

What do they eat?

I have an empty 20 gallon tank and my 9 year old very responsible son wants some kind of reptile but I have NO clue what to get him.
We have the lights, retile heat pad for under the tank,
the didital temp/hydro thing, a brand new bag of bark type substrate, etc... We got it all for free from someone who was moving...
Are these the guys who like stick to walls with their feet?

Quote:
You could actually turn a 20 gallon long on its side and make it work! They like tanks that are taller than wider, because they live in trees. Yup they stick to the side with their feet, so cute. They like lots of fake vines/plants/branches to climb on and eat a diet of this powdered stuff you mix with water and put in a little bowl, and they also eat some crickets. Not sure what kind of light/heating is best for them, maybe Jordan would know.

Quote:
You could actually turn a 20 gallon long on its side and make it work! They like tanks that are taller than wider, because they live in trees. Yup they stick to the side with their feet, so cute. They like lots of fake vines/plants/branches to climb on and eat a diet of this powdered stuff you mix with water and put in a little bowl, and they also eat some crickets. Not sure what kind of light/heating is best for them, maybe Jordan would know.

Thanks everyone.

Madison covered it pretty well! They do like a lot of foliage in their enclosure and like she stated, taller is better. They do stick to glass, but they dont stick to well to chest hair. Ask me how I know.
lol.png
The diet is really simple. Its just a powdered mixture, you add water to it and make a pastey gel substance with it and they eat it, its like baby food I would say. Crickets are NOT a must, but they definitely make them happier and help them grow quicker. As for heating, they're perfectly fine with room temperature, that's why I enjoy them so much. Around 70-75, they're good. Im still pretty new to Cresties myself, but we have a member here that has a beautiful assortment. And now her SN escapes me!(AneesaMuse or something like that) I'll have to find it. But I would definitely recommend a crested gecko. For a child though, I would say get a juvie or adult because they wont be as small and easy to lose. I freak out every time I mess with these because my hands are so large and they're fast!

Back
Top Bottom