My nigi dwarf is due to kid any minute have ?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Love my Critters!, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I have a nigi dwarf that is two years old and is expected to kid any time between now and Halloween. This is her first time. I have her half sister also and they have been inseperatable since I got them when they were weaned. Well the unbred doe is acting like a buck with a doe in season. WTH? Is this because my doe that is due to kid is discharging a little fluid? It just started this morning and the bred doe is starting to butt the other doe and trying to stay away from her. I was planning on leaving the does together after the birth because they are normally absolute best buds. Any advice?
    BTW... this is my first time checking the ligements (sp) on a doe and I can not feel anything anymore and can almost wrap my fingers around her tail "bone".

2. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    I have seen that with dogs. idk either.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I would personally separate them. If the pregnant doe goes to kid tonight, the other doe could possibly pose a risk to the baby.

4. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I would separate your goats. I know you'd hate for you girl to miscarry due to the other doe being bossy.

As far as your one doe being bucky....I have a doe who's the same way. She's been in constant heat for 5 weeks now. She runs around blubbering and trying to mount any of my goats that walk past her. It's very annoying!!!! [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I would seperate the two also. You could pen them side by side so they can still see each other. But you don't want the other doe getting in the way and bugging momma while she is birthing.
    Good Luck with the babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by