My Nigi-dwarf kidded last night! (Pics added) I hope

Love my Critters!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Carlsbad, NM
We have 3 beautiful and healthy babies. It was mom's first time and she was GREAT! Ivy had 2 bucks and 1 doe. The doe is less that half the size of the bucks. She weighs about 1 pound. Very tiny, but is strong and outgoing. She is doing a good job bullying her brothers!
wink.png
My husband was just as excited as me and took the camera to work with him to show the pictures so I can't post pics until this afternoon, but I couldn't wait to tell everyone! I am at work now and can't wait to get home. My daughter is 5 and I woke her up early this morning and told her we had babies and she jumped out of bed, got ready for school, and ran out to give the babies kisses! This is her first time having newborn kids and she is thrilled.
Check back later, I promise to post pics, I am a proud momma too!
celebrate.gif

Edited to have yall help me with "halloween" names for them once I post pics!

Last edited:
Hey! We're baby goat buddies! One of mine kidded last night, too! We're still deciding on a name for her. My other one is acting funny...we're thinking of Halloween names for her babies. Probably some from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Congrats!!! Aren't they the cutest, sweetest things EVER???

This is our first time, too!

Shelly

Sred98: We are kidding buddies!! We raised goats when I was growing up. This is my first time with my own goats as a "grown - up".
tongue.png
I'm used to assisting in the births and bottle feeding babies. When I first met my husband he came to my house (I lived with my parents) and we had baby goats in diapers running through the house, drinking from bottles... I'm surprised that I ever saw him again
lau.gif
Well, after 16 years, he has given in and I even think I've rubbed off on him (SHHHH, don't tell him I said that).
There are not many things cuter than a baby goat, or louder for that matter!
love.gif

That is too funny! At least your DH can't say he didn't know what he was getting into!
lau.gif

This one's mom isn't feeding it.
sad.png
I've got to catch her and milk her. This is my first time with any of this so I hope I am doing it right!

I hope your mama goat is doing better than mine is!

Shelly

My momma is doing great! She is a "miniature" dairy goat and has plenty of milk and she is VERY attentive to her kids. If you get the colostrum from mom and feed to baby, after that if it is too hard to milk mom just get a milk replacer of some sort. Everyone on here has different opinions on what to feed. Me personally, I prefer to use the fresh goat milk at the grocery store. I've raised many on this and works great. Years ago I used to use powdered milk replacer, but it was a pain. If you need help with the bottle feeding just ask and I'll try to help
wink.png
I prefer my newborns to have a bottle at least every 4 hours, but I don't know how long it's been since your little one ate.

Thanks for the tips!

Hey! I just saw that you have a Boston Terrier too! Awesome! How is your with the chickens? Mine
love.gif
them, and even breaks up chicken fights! However, she loves the baby goat more than any baby animal I've ever seen her around!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom