My NN Roo has a Combcicle

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by coloradochick, Dec 14, 2008.

1. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG]

He's the only one that ventured out in our 0 degree weather today and the 7 inches of snow in the yard. Tonight when I took him from our enclosed porch where he was hanging out with the ducks to put him his coop, he had frozen comb and cackles (think that the right term). So DH hooked up another light in the coop. I hope they defrost and he's okay. Doesn't sound like the weather is going to let up anytime soon. [​IMG] on cold weather. I told DH today we need to move to Texas.

Funny though, I've only ran the heat lamps maybe 3 nights last week, we put them up about 2 weeks ago. The girls have been laying anywhere from 5-12 eggs a day. Today I got 21! Good job girls!!

2. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I hope your roos comb is ok..

I have our heat lamp in there too.. no change in eggs.. [​IMG] Im getting ready to put in a flood lamp..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  3. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Ouch! Hope your boy's comb is thawing out! Come on down, it's pretty nice here except for the wind.

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Oh....I'd love to. It is freezing here. I looked out and our poor ol'horse standing there with his blanket on but oh how these guys have to be cold. He's got a 3 sided barn but still.. I told DH we should bring him in [​IMG] only half joking. Horse poo cleans up I'm thinkin to myself.

I'm born and raised in Colorado and I realize we have some of the best weather out there, so I hear, but the older I get the more I can't stand the cold. I really want to move somewhere that's warmer pretty much year round. I don't mind the rain, wind if it's not tornado strength, but snow I'm sooooooooo over it.

When I took Moll Bird (my NN) out to the coop he was feeling pretty frisky like he hadn't seen the girls in ages. I know I got some definite crusty looks from them for bringing him out there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by