My old Rhode Island Reds did not me messing with their yard.

I thank you very much for your great suggestions on getting my Faverolles to be pets. I have tried meal worms (I am getting ready to raise meal worms) and fresh bread without any luck even yogurt. I know my Reds like raisins because sometimes my wife and I mess up a recipe my mother brought from Germany for a coffee cake and I little by little give it to the Reds and it has raisins in it. The coffee cake is just a fancy bread with raisins, lemon peel, nutmeg, salt and vanilla sugar. It is easy to serve just cut off what you want and eat. It is baked in a bunt pan. I use the Vanilla Zucker for the vanilla sugar that only comes from Germany because it tastes better with it like mother made. I have used the Vanilla Zucker in malts for our 4 children and a number of other things that taste better with it. I love sweets. When I give the Reds their meal of the day they get sunflower seeds, bread and occasionally corn on the cob and tomatoes. I will try sunflower seeds when they are older since I am afraid they could get stuck in their throats at their age and I do not want a sick or dead hen. My 3 girls are 3 years old an they have never been sick.
All 5 of my Faverolles look different in color and markings and I like it very much, will it stay that way? All the videos I have watched they look the same.
Thank you again, I will try your suggestions starting today.
Joe
If you want I will send you the recipe, let me know were to send it.

I thought Faverolles were suppose to be very friendly but mine run from me while my Rhode Island chase me wanting attention and even stand outside our atrium doors in the Breakfast Room wanting my attention. Skittish big time with my Faverolles. I am getting live meal worms and I plan to raise them to keep my hens happy but now just dead ones.
I tried giving them bread and they ran and a little later sparrows carried off the bread. I have not tried raisins yet but I have tried meal worms and yogurt without any luck.
I will try again, thanks for the tips to win their little hearts.

QUESTION:
Do I have to let my baby chicks (5 weeks old) get hungry to get them to take food from me like meal worms, bread, yogurt and raisins? I try to get these new chicks that are suppose to be friendly to come to me and they will not. The devil birds as one Backyard Chicken writer come running like crazy when they see me. I think they would love to crash thru the glass in our atrium door to get to me and these Faverolles run away.
HELP! I bought these Faverolles not only because they are beautiful but to make pets out them.

Back
Top Bottom