My Other Critters :)

Quote:
awh she's lucky to have you guys! That's what I probably would ahve done for her as well that or super glue! <---saw on the vets on animal planet them doing that for one that was hit. I have never found one that severely hit, I am glad I haven't but it obviously happens...*Sigh*

I love seeing pictures of other folks' pets. I'll have to post some of mine.

I love the picture of the three heart kitties - absolutely precious!

Quote:
nope sorry she's not. She has no "worm" in her tounge, and her neck comes out way past her shell. Alligator snappers do not have long necks and they have a worm-like appendage in their tounge.
smile.png

I wish she was an alligator (she'd get way bigger) but she's deffinatly not. I did a ton of research to make sure if she was or wasn't.

thanks for tryin to help tho!
smile.png

Quote:
here's a great comparison page
smile.png

http://www.chelydra.org/common_alligator_snapping_turtle.html

Since i am a nerd, and love researching more, I took more pictures of Morla, and I want to share the differences between pictures of these turtles online
smile.png

Kay these are young Alligator snapping turtles:

Ali-medium.jpg

27a.jpg

29.jpg

alli_snapper1.jpg

alligatorsnappingturtle.jpg

And these are young commons:
babysnapper2.jpg

commoonn.jpg

*this one below isnt young really, he's 2 years old*
images.jpg

And this is Morla:

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

If you look really close you can easily seem the simliarities between her and the other commons. Her head shape is completely different from an Alligators as well, and her beak is justa small point where as an alligators is pretty pointy long and sharp lookin eek! LOL! Morlas shell is very pointy like an alligators right now however it will smooth out (and has already smoothed out some) the older she gets.
smile.png

Niki

Quote:
You'd love Daisy and BumbleBee even more if ya could see em in person. BumbleBee seeks out attention and Daisy sniffs lips which feels and looks a lot like she's giving rapid kisses to a person it's cute ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom