My Peacock died -- should I worry about my hens?

I kept mine in a 10 x 10 for awhile. Wish I could recall how long.

When you say barbed wire can you elaborate on the set up? Peacocks in my experience challenge fence. That would be bad.
Not sure I could make it bigger. Here's a picture if that helps. It's completely enclosed with a roof. It's intended for the peafowl in "fowl" weather (sorry couldn't help myself).

Attachments

• enclosure.JPG
    enclosure.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 18
I don't think that is considered barbed wire. Maybe welded wire. It is a kennel of sorts. It looks like a good choice to me (but knowing nothing of peafowl care, my opinion might not mean much).

Not sure I could make it bigger. Here's a picture if that helps. It's completely enclosed with a roof. It's intended for the peafowl in "fowl" weather (sorry couldn't help myself).
That is very adequate for short-term housing. It is a good idea to pen the new bird until he gets the idea that there is food and the girls will help keep him on your property. If you do not find a replacement message me at Spring Creek Peafowl on FaceBook and I can ship you a mature peacock.

That is very adequate for short-term housing. It is a good idea to pen the new bird until he gets the idea that there is food and the girls will help keep him on your property. If you do not find a replacement message me at Spring Creek Peafowl on FaceBook and I can ship you a mature peacock.
Good to know. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to replace him since I'm still mourning, but I won't wait too long given my peahens are missing their boy. They were honking last night when they were ready to roost as if calling for him. So sad.

Good to know. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to replace him since I'm still mourning, but I won't wait too long given my peahens are missing their boy. They were honking last night when they were ready to roost as if calling for him. So sad.
Awe. That is sad.:hugs

Great! You've all been very helpful. Here's a picture of George! I'm still so sad and miss him terribly. Only 2 months but I fell in love with the guy.

Attachments

• George.JPG
    George.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom