My Pekin ducks eyes watery like tears!!?

daidyducks

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Ontario,CA
I have 2 pekin ducks and just last night when I left them alone and came back as soon as I got them out of their barely- one-day old new house I saw tears dripping down their face,both eyes on both ducks !! I've never seen this from them and it made me feel Like they were sad, cold, scared because if their new home but idk everything has always been the same besides their new home. Any idea?? Oh, nd the outside of their eyes are red

What is their new house?? What is it made from?? What bedding are you using?? And are they still inside- or did you put them outside now?? Sorry for all the questions..but a few more details might be needed to work out why your duckies eyes are irritated.

What bedding are you using? Cedar shavings can irritate their eyes, if thats what your using. Maybe if the house is made of cedar wood that may also be a problem? Also, if its cold and snowy where you live it just might be the weather, especially if you had them inside and just put them outside. Hope that helps.

Hi sorry to jump on an old thread, my ducks eyes are also red around the outside, almost as though you can see her pink lids more prominent than usual, she has recently had an upper respiratory infection. But seems perfectly happy and healthy now. I notice the redness around the eyes more so after her head is wet from bathing. She is a 2 year old white campbell and has straw for bedding. Is it something I should worry about or can I just see more lid than normal as her feathers are wet? Thank you

I have a Rouen duck and he leaks from the eyes and just before they go red looking but I realized it’s the oil cause he spends it all over like the oil gland on his back not sure if they are doing the same thing or not. Good luck

You can give him his own bucket and add some ACV to it, it can really help with tearing an foamy eye. 1 tablespoon ACV to 1 gallon of water. Plastic buckets and bowls only.

Back
Top Bottom