My Pet Chicken?? ordering chicks?

I ordered my 7 chicks from there, and have been very pleased so far. First, I called them up to place my order, and they were VERY helpful in helping me pick out the best breeds for me and my family. The let me know when the chicks would arrive, and they arrived safe and snug in a hay-lined box (it actually looked like a nest basically) with the heating pad underneath. I would happily order from them again.

:lol:My chicks just came in on Wednesday from MPC.. so far all is well.. 30 happy healthy chicks.. I had 15 different breeds.. There Partridge Silkie Bantams are BO till June so they did sub Black Silkie Bantams. Made me a little sad but I would have hated for them to hold my entire order till june.
Ameraucanas
Barred Plymouth Rocks
Partridge Plymouth Rocks
Buff Chanteclers
Buff Orpingtons
Cuckoo Marans
Rhode Island Reds
Silver Laced Wyandottes
Golden Laced Wyandottes
Partridge Silkie Bantams
White Silkie Bantams
Red Silkie Bantams
Black Silkie Bantams

We ordered from My Pet Chicken this year and it was a good experience. The customer service is very helpful and very knowledgeable. They totally put up with the type of questions that pet-chicken-owners ask!

We ordered 8 chicks total ( 4 each for two families ordering together) and they gave us 2 free chicks that we could pick the breed (least expensive) and then the hatchery (Meyer) threw in another free chick, same sex, same breed. The freebie chick died after about 4 days or so, but I think that one out of 11 is a pretty normal mortality rate for brand-new chicks. All the others are doing well. The package arrived within 18 hours of leaving the hatchery, and was sent Express Mail since it was such a small order of chicks.

You pay extra for the heating pad ($25) but it's worth it to be able to choose from such a wide variety of breeds and order as few as 3.

Stacey

Last edited:
That is where I ordered my original 10. They were very helpful. My package was lost in shipping and missing for 4 days. One of the workers actually called me from home when she was off work because she was so worried about my chicks. I lost one from the shipping experience and two of the others were roos. They have NOT, however, been helpful about that. I was told the roos and the dead chick would be replaced when shipping started again this year. I was not able to get through via phone (called frequently for 3 days) so sent a couple of emails explaining that I was ready for my replacements. No answer to either. I then sent an email showing a pic of my beautiful hens and eggs (not mentioning the needed replacements) and received an immediate response.
idunno.gif

I checked out their site when I was looking to order.
Am I reading it right, or is their prices a lot higher than other hatcheries? From what I read if you want females only it is a whole lot more than somewhere else.

Prices are slightly higher but it's because you can order such small numbers.

luvmychicknkids: MPC was moving this spring... I know that Traci, (the owner?) was really busy during the move. Maybe one of the other workers sent her your emails to deal with and she was in the middle of the move or something? I'd try again if I were you. I can't imagine they wouldn't make good on their promise!

It's alright. I aready got baby chicks locally. I just thought it was strange that I got a reply to the cute email but not that one...however, I can see if the "regular" workers answered it but sent her that one. Even with that, I would order from them again in the future. Any company that has workers willing to call on their own time because they are worried about your babies is pretty darn good in my book.

I am about to order Faverolles from MPC. They charge 25.00 if ordering small quantities...for the extra packing, heating pad and such. Also, it is .50 extra to order a female. But, unlike most hatcheries... they will sex the bantams. I am looking at a pair of silkies and it is 7.00 to sex the females.

I will let you know how it goes in June sometime
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom