my pet chicken reviews

Pics
So sorry to hear about all the poor losses.This is just so sad. @chickisoup , I hope the littles you saved survive! We got two shipments last year in April and May, and there was heat packs both times. I hope the shipment due to ship to us Monday are okay. MPC called me today to report the Blue Orpingtons have a bad hatch number and we can't get ours.
hit.gif
We have a number to call first thing Monday to see what extras we can pick from!
fl.gif
for a BCM or Blue Cochin.

I am awaiting an order from MPC for 6 chicks. They were supposed to arrive today according to the shipping updates from USPS. I wasn't worried that they hadn't made it until I contacted the Post Office to check on their progress. First, I was told that they hadn't shipped at all and that my tracking number was only an indication that an express label had been printed. Then I was told they were left at a drop off location by the shipper after 3 pm so they couldn't have made the day's manifest. When I explained that I had received a text that the shipment had been accepted by the PO before 3 o'clock, traveled from Polk to Cleveland and was en route the lady said "This is so weird, they haven't left Ohio yet, and by the way there are multiple boxes in your shipment." Multiple boxes...What?! Not for six little chicks.
hu.gif
Nooooooo....now I'm worried. She took my number and promised to look into it. I hope its a case of the right hand not knowing that the left hand is about to deliver my chicks.

I am awaiting an order from MPC for 6 chicks. They were supposed to arrive today according to the shipping updates from USPS. I wasn't worried that they hadn't made it until I contacted the Post Office to check on their progress. First, I was told that they hadn't shipped at all and that my tracking number was only an indication that an express label had been printed. Then I was told they were left at a drop off location by the shipper after 3 pm so they couldn't have made the day's manifest. When I explained that I had received a text that the shipment had been accepted by the PO before 3 o'clock, traveled from Polk to Cleveland and was en route the lady said "This is so weird, they haven't left Ohio yet, and by the way there are multiple boxes in your shipment."  Multiple boxes...What?! Not for six little chicks.:confused:  Nooooooo....now I'm worried. She took my number and promised to look into it. I hope its a case of the right hand not knowing that the left hand is about to deliver my chicks.

Did you contact MPC? When I was looking at shipping and tracking info they said to contact them if your chicks hadn't arrived by 5pm Thursday! Monday-Friday seems like way too long for chicks to be without food and water!!!

I didn't contact MPC since my shipping e-mail directed me to contact my Post office if the chicks had not been received by late Thursday. Happily I received a call from the PO at 2:30 this morning that I had a peeping box to pick up. I'm not sure why there was so much misinformation regarding the shipment but the mail lady seemed to be as happy to see them I was. At any rate all 6 were home by 3:30 and are doing well. I on the other hand need a three hour nap followed by a giant cup of coffee.
caf.gif

I am awaiting an order from MPC for 6 chicks. They were supposed to arrive today according to the shipping updates from USPS. I wasn't worried that they hadn't made it until I contacted the Post Office to check on their progress. First, I was told that they hadn't shipped at all and that my tracking number was only an indication that an express label had been printed. Then I was told they were left at a drop off location by the shipper after 3 pm so they couldn't have made the day's manifest. When I explained that I had received a text that the shipment had been accepted by the PO before 3 o'clock, traveled from Polk to Cleveland and was en route the lady said "This is so weird, they haven't left Ohio yet, and by the way there are multiple boxes in your shipment." Multiple boxes...What?! Not for six little chicks.
hu.gif
Nooooooo....now I'm worried. She took my number and promised to look into it. I hope its a case of the right hand not knowing that the left hand is about to deliver my chicks.

Did you contact MPC? When I was looking at shipping and tracking info they said to contact them if your chicks hadn't arrived by 5pm Thursday! Monday-Friday seems like way too long for chicks to be without food and water!!!
Wow!!! I agree! I hope your babies are ok! Don't you just love the USPS? I feel sorry for the folks working the front desk at the local post offices. They have no control at all over what those responsible for the shipping of packages are actually doing (or not doing) but they get to try to clean up the messes. PLEASE LET US KNOW! I hope you have some answers this morning. It's really beginning to look like the main source of the problems is Ohio.

I hope the rest of you that were supposed to receive your chicks this week have them and they arrived safe and healthy!

Thank you to everyone for your support and concern
hugs.gif
It really did help to know you guys were out there and understood. I haven't heard back from MPC. Tried messaging them yesterday. Alex must be super busy right now, no one from MPC has been on here lately. I hope someone is trying to coordinate with Ohio about the heat pak and other issues pertaining to our littles and their safety.

I have to go now. I can hear my little survivors are awake! All three made it thru the night. A tip to everyone. Nothing I found is better for pulling thru a critical chick (or one that is just shipping stressed) or an older bird as well, than Nutridrench. I always have ready and waiting in my first aid kit and won't be without it this time of year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe MPC has two hatch/ship days a week, Monday and Wednesday. But yeah, I'd be worried about the weekend and the delivery system in a particular city or town.

hu.gif

TWO?! If they can ship 6 and have some in one box, then one wouldn't need to order a minimum. Like, I have a min. of 4 SF or 5 mixed.

Back
Top Bottom