My pet rooster is becoming aggressive, causes and solutions please?

Thank you everyone! Trying these training methods. Hoping that he'll get used to his girls being around us. I may also try holding the girls? They are not used to people like he is and I wonder if this is the problem. They are afraid of us a little. The girls will eat out of our hands if we're still but run if we are standing up. So, I wonder if we get them used to being held by us that our rooster will calm down? Though this may piss him off even more, I'm not sure...

hip hip hurray for reurra... coldnt have said it better.

spare the firmness, spoil the animal and then the animal becomes soup...

male animals are jsut that. male. hormones run their brains. their 'little head' (evn if they are roosters and they lack the physical anatomy of the little head) runs their big head. like a teen age boy. only with claws, horns, spurs, hooves.

i used to be a feminist, but , boys will be boys. and nothing can change it apart from training training training. like stud stallions and stud dogs learn that one halter/lead is for work (studding) and one is for riding/play/walks.

sheep and goats can learn too. but with roosters, walk with big stick or cauldron at hand, just to remind him...

funnily enough our thai roos maintain a respectful distance so far, and in all the yards in thailand, never got attacked either. but there the families use "very big stick", and use them on dogs, buffalo, chickens and often children (even in school, still)... had to unteach hubby that on my dogs we use voices and not hands.

Back
Top Bottom