My Pheasant Pic's What kind are these?

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Hi, I just Helped Re Home a Bunch of different types of Birds, I was able to keep some, The Ring Necks I raised from chicks, But can you tell me about the others in the Pic's?

Hi, I just Helped Re Home a Bunch of different types of Birds, I was able to keep some, The Ring Necks I raised from chicks, But can you tell me about the others in the Pic's?

Ring neck

Red Golden Pheasant

Yellow Golden Pheasant

The one on the log is a Red Golden Pheasant

Lady Amherst

Last edited:
Yes that is correct. Red golden. yellow golden, and lady amherst. I am not sure what you know about their purity, but once you have hens for them they should be kept separate since they will hybridize. Were there no hens? Very nice pheasants by the way!

You have some nice looking males, but sooner or later your going to have to separate them. Either this spring or when ever you add hens to the flock. Once they start fighting they will fight to the death and your be left with the strongest of the bunch. The Ringnecks are especially bad about fighting other males. Hope you can get some girls for them and get them separated. Good Luck with your birds. They are beautiful and really fun to raise.

I know about keeping them separate, this was a large scale re homing project, the owner passed away, so It was a last min thing, I'll be opening up some pens that i have closed down and putting them in there.

I only have Ring Neck hens at the moment, These were a surprise to me, they were a gift from the family, they know nothing about birds and said they gave me the prettiest ones, they didn't know that males and females are different colors.

Back
Top Bottom