My Photos on their My Space!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BayCityBabe, Sep 9, 2009.

1. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I recently got a friend request on My Space. A really nice person that I met through a poultry transaction - over a year ago. This is just someone I spoke with a handful of times. So, I accepted the request, thinking it would be neat to see what this family is up to these days.

I was very surprised to see photos of my animals on their My Space! This included photos taken by me of critters I bought from them, taken at my home, after the purchase. I suppose I should be happy that the photos weren't of my kids... [​IMG] My first inclination was to post a comment on the page. But, I dunno:

SHOULD I CALL-OUT THIS PERSON OR BREAK OFF CONTACT OR SAY NOTHING????

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Just send them a message saying that you saw the pictures and were kind of surprised they had your pictures on their page. Then see what they say. Obviously they invited you to be a friend so they must not have thought it was a problem. Maybe they dont have any pics of those birds ? Just let them know you would have liked them to ask before using your pics. It's probably innocent unless they are using them to sell other birds?

Nancy

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I know it maybe unethical, but if you do not watermark or otherwise mark your photos, they are game.
    Is she claiming them as her own, or just using them to show off what she sells?
    Personally, I don't worry about it much if they are not selling the photos as thier own. I have a friend that used one of my sunset pics from my photos on myspace and placed it in her myspace photos, no big deal....I just assume I can take a better pic then her!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Funny story time! My sis added me as a friend on myspace..she is raising my brothers kids...I copied pics of them to my page! Didnt think it was a problem till her stupid friends decided to make me a fake profile calling me a kidnapper..lol and a lot of worse things..saying i cheat on my husband..this went on for awhile...finally ended because of long phone calls and my sis telling them to delete it! Lesson learned...if you put it out there make it private or else it can end up anywhere! I ended up getting deleted from her and the childrens life because any time something bad happens in her life...I must have caused it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by