my pigeons get on each other's nerves....

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by marehaven, May 22, 2011.

1. marehaven

marehaven New Egg

May 22, 2011
    Hello I just found this site....love it! I recently bought 2 pigeons at an exotic animal sale. I would like to know if the are males or females or both. They seem to hate each other...in fact they fought on the way home after I bught them. I thought I had it figured out when one kept herding the other around, I thought ...Aha! male/female...but then the "female" started herding the "male" around... And even though they fly together and hang out together they still fight and act like they cannot stand each other. Can anyone out there explain it? I like having pigeons and want them to be happy [​IMG]

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    How recently did you get them? They could be both males or the hen could be aggressive and doesn't want to take the abuse without a fight.

3. cowgirl11

cowgirl11 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    If you're trying to figure out who is the male and who is the female; males generally are more aggressive, sweep their tails on the ground and do a little dance. Of course, sometimes there are exceptions and a hen may act like that! The surefire way to tell a hen is if she lays an egg:)
    Maybe you have two males? Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by