My Plethora of Dinosaurs

What a lovely flock! I enjoyed seeing their photos!

Thank you :) They are so fun to spend time with and photograph!

A good rooster is a treasure. Treat them well.

I completely agree! We had to cull a rooster earlier this year... I gave him WAY too many chances, because I was attached to him. But he was not responding to any methods I read about to work on an aggressive bird :(

When we got Ellis, he was so small we didn't know if he was a roo or pullet. So we played the "Egg or crow?!" game haha I was excited when we got that first half-strangled sounding crow LOL He was a lot more of a lap-chicken before that, but then he turned into a stately adult. He was alone for awhile, and then we got his girls and he just blossomed!

Panic Button earned his name because he had basically been feral and any movement from us or any other animal caused him to go off. It took a few weeks, but he calmed down and adjusted to our busy barn.

A good rooster is hard to find , rejoice if you have one.:ya

I thank the stars every day for our amazing boys!! And my heart still breaks for having lost my absolute favourite roo earlier this month :( His girls seem to be doing okay on their own, but I am worried about them and hoping to get a new boy soon.

Our two rescue boys have completed 30 days of quarantine! :wee

"P.M." is a very handsome, very sweet guy. "A.M." began picking on him because he had claimed the nearby ducks as his :rolleyes: So "P.M." got to move up to the barn! I am considering giving him his own flock of girls...

20191021_171108.jpg

Our two rescue boys have completed 30 days of quarantine! :wee

"P.M." is a very handsome, very sweet guy. "A.M." began picking on him because he had claimed the nearby ducks as his :rolleyes: So "P.M." got to move up to the barn! I am considering giving him his own flock of girls...

View attachment 1948328

He is stunning!

Kudos to you for giving him a good home. Good roosters deserve good homes.

Thanks :) I love my boys! It's hard not to take in every free roo I see offered, but there was zero hesitation when it came to getting these two boys to safety! We are now going to move forward with plans to give each boy some ladies to tend and see how that goes!

Thanks :) I love my boys! It's hard not to take in every free roo I see offered, but there was zero hesitation when it came to getting these two boys to safety! We are now going to move forward with plans to give each boy some ladies to tend and see how that goes!

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom