My pollet Chai isn’t doing well

Chai isn’t coming back :( she hasn’t been seen since my last posting about her, and since then I have been so upset. Her sister Penelope is also so cute, but she isn’t the same :( I miss chai so much, she was my special chick. Thanks to everyone for the support about her. We only have 2 pollets left, Penelope and munchie (which I’ve never mentioned)

We suspect a hawk for the killings. Is there anything I can do about the hawks, they are coming during the day. Shooting hawks is illegal, so that’s out \_(“/)_/

We suspect a hawk for the killings. Is there anything I can do about the hawks, they are coming during the day. Shooting hawks is illegal, so that’s out \_(“/)_/
Oh no, I’m so sorry! That’s so frustrating!

It worked very well for me to hang CD’s around my yard. When the wind blows, the sun reflects off the shiny part and scares hawks. I had 2 Cooper’s Hawks sitting on top of my bantams’ run trying to get at them, and the CDs worked like a charm when I put them up after.

Sorry for your loss. Were there any feathers? When my adult Polish hen was attacked by 2 hawks one on each side of the chainlink fence, they just decapitated her and left her body intact, taking the head. I recently lost 3 chickens free ranging in the middle of the day from a bobcat attack. We only knew what when it came back for the last body. Foxes will drag them off without a trace. Raccoons are also common in day or night.

Sorry for your loss. Were there any feathers? When my adult Polish hen was attacked by 2 hawks one on each side of the chainlink fence, they just decapitated her and left her body intact, taking the head. I recently lost 3 chickens free ranging in the middle of the day from a bobcat attack. We only knew what when it came back for the last body. Foxes will drag them off without a trace. Raccoons are also common in day or night.
It’s not a hawk. Today we were outside and we saw a red fox run across our field, we haven’t seen any feathers which would make sense because foxes kill them fast

I would lock them in their run, and make sure that they cannot dig under the coop or run, at least for the time being. Here is a video showing how to put a predator apron around your run:

Back
Top Bottom