My poor baby!!!

lady chicken whisperer

Songster
12 Years
Aug 8, 2007
Ohio
We have squirrels that eat out of the bird feeders in our yard. My mom said that they were off limits for eating but no longer!! I was heading out to the barn today and a squirrel had buried itself in the snow getting the seeds off the ground so it didnt see me or my two dogs until we were basically on top of it. Because of all this new snow, it couldnt run very well so of course, my 4 year old weimaraner, Ellie, got a hold of it. She didnt give it a good enough shake to kill it so it turned around and bit her in the nose!!!! When I heard her whimper I smacked it out of her face and proceeded to stomp it to death but between the dogs going crazy and all the snow, it made it to the bushes.

Im on the lookout the rest of the day. Next time I see that thing its going down for biting my dog.

Ellie bled for a good while but I think she'll be ok, Im just keeping an eye on her....

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif

sorry, I couldn't help it.
I don't kill anything but my dogs get (and eat) what ever they catch that gets into their pen, including one of our pullets
somad.gif
. Fortunately for my little beagles they seem to get away unscathed. I don't have anything against the squirrels, hope your dog is ok

Back
Top Bottom