My poor eggs :(

MissMonty

Songster
5 Years
Sep 12, 2015
Dayton, OH
I have not been having good luck with my eggs this week. Yesterday I picked up some hatching eggs from a friend's farm. Nothing super special just barnyard mixes to test the incubator with. Got home, sat them on the table next to my incubator because today I was due to get a few other eggs in the mail. After the kids went to bed I went and took a bath......my husband comes in a little later to tell me one of our dogs stole the whole carton of eggs knocking it off the table. Only 5 of the 12 eggs survived.

I ordered some Ayam Cemani eggs online, rolling the dice with USPS being so behind. All was well until yesterday no update other than saying "its on time but traveling through our system", supposed to deliver today only to wake up to "in transit arriving late".

If I'm lucky my Ayam Cemani eggs will arrive Saturday but now I'm stuck in this awkward place of do I even bother with the eggs I have since they hit the floor so far and by the time I get these Ayam Cemani eggs they're going to be well over a week old.

Ugh. Rant over.

I'd give the early eggs a try. Maybe they are still viable - just candle and discard if there is no development. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas.

I'm debating that or just going back and buying a fresh dozen from my friend. The Ayam Cemani eggs weren't cheap so I'm going to try to get them to hatch as long as they come in Saturday. Not going to hold my breath but I at least will need to try. So then these 5 eggs I currently have are waiting anyways so I may just go buy another dozen

I'm debating that or just going back and buying a fresh dozen from my friend. The Ayam Cemani eggs weren't cheap so I'm going to try to get them to hatch as long as they come in Saturday. Not going to hold my breath but I at least will need to try. So then these 5 eggs I currently have are waiting anyways so I may just go buy another dozen

Sounds like perfect Chicken Math to me.

Back
Top Bottom