My poor Nana

TherryChicken

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
del valle, tx
Nana is my border collie/blue heeler mixed dog. We have someone in the process of building us a storage shed and while he was here, our dogs got out. My dad said he saw some pit bulls out, I didn't see them. My sister said one looked real mean, (we have nothing against pits :). We love them just like any other breed). Well Nana came back and the guy said she looks like she got in a fight. Well I looked at her and she has gotten into a fight. She had blood all over her and a swollen face. Her ear is split in half thickness wise, so it looks thinner.. She also has a pretty bad belly wound. Well my parents and sister took her to the vet. Vet gave her pain meds, 2 antibiotics, and a steroid. She was sooo shooken up that they couldn't stitch her up right away that we have to take her back on Monday as she wouldn't do well right this minute.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope she gets better soon
hugs.gif

by Monday they won't be able to stitch. There is a window of time that stitches can be done and it's just over 24 hours.

The pain meds will make her very shaky and be sure to NOT coddle her. That actually puts additional stress on them and increases their anxiety. Be very careful with the pain meds since they can make her try to be too active. For animals, no pain = healed and they can easily make even minor injuries much much worse.

Just be calm and matter of fact in dealing with her. No high-pitched baby talking and trying to coax her into not being afraid. If you are tense, she will think that there is something to fear.

by Monday they won't be able to stitch.    There is a window of time that stitches can be done and it's just over 24 hours.

The pain meds will make her very shaky and be sure to NOT coddle her.   That actually puts additional stress on them and increases their anxiety.    Be very careful with the pain meds since they can make her try to be too active.   For animals, no pain = healed and they can easily make even minor injuries much much worse.

Just be calm and matter of fact in dealing with her.   No high-pitched baby talking and trying to coax her into not being afraid.    If you are tense, she will think that there is something to fear.

I know, Thank you so much!! Also I thought that was weird too, but the vet sent her home till monday.. Said she is too worked up to do it now and won't do well. We have a very good vet btw too

Back
Top Bottom