My Poor Sweet Lexie!

I bought mine for my oldest daughter and it has been through her, kittens, ducks, rabbit, youngest daughter, and now chickens! They are very versitale.
smile.png

Oh Cyn, I just saw this. I hope she does well. I have my Merryweather and Lucinda in the house durring our freeze to keep thier combs from freezing. Keep warm Lexie.

Adam, all your BR eggs will be from Amanda this time. Lexie just had to quit laying or she would have just gone downhill more than she did. I may include one or two of Ivy's eggs, but I honestly dont know if those are fertile. I have seen Hawkeye mating Ivy several times, which is highly unusual since she has never squatted for him till recently, so maybe, just maybe hers are also fertile. Heck, my Buff Orp Sunny's egg that I cracked open a couple of days ago was fertile for the first time ever, so Ol Hawkeye is making the most of the time I leave him with the girls.

Thanks, Henry. I'd post a pic, but I'd hate to add to her shame, LOL. I'd rather people think of her the way she should be, the real Lexie. She is quite happy in the house, it seems. The pet carrier doesn't bother her in the least, which surprised me, so she'll be in here every really cold night until she has feathers again.

My poor Shirley is just about naked also. And it's bitter cold here. Have her in the heated garage. It's gonna be a long cold winter...

I love your ticker-just what I'm waiting for, that first day of Spring. Broodies and babies and lots and lots of eggs and flowers and planting the garden and more babies and.. and... I'm getting carried away while the temp plummets outside, LOL. Yep, I'm on the bottom tail end of the Blue Ridge Mtns and they sure can get chilly sometimes. Single digits aren't that frequent where I am, but they're here now and me with a naked bird.

Back
Top Bottom