My power is out

EliseTheFarmKid

Songster
Apr 8, 2019
Lightning struck SOMETHING and now my ENTIRE neighborhood is out of power.
I had some of my first fertile turken eggs in the Nuture 360 and some quail in my Janoel. I really wanted to hatch those dang turkens. I’ve raised the parents since they were chicks! :barnie
While I did just come here to complain I gotta ask: how long do you think the eggs can go without heat? I live in AZ and my bators always run a bit hot - especially in the 360. I’ve never had eggs hatch on time (always early). How long do you think they can take being without heat?

Ack! I haven't hatched anything in an incubator since I was a kid, but one of my hens just hatched out some littles in mid-July and she would get off the nest from time to time. Only in 15 - 30 min intervals, about three to five times during the incubation period. If you don't open the incubator, will it take longer for the temp to drop (kinda like how you're not supposed to open the fridge during a power outage to keep it cool inside)? Keeping my fingers crossed the power comes back on soon!

Lightning struck SOMETHING and now my ENTIRE neighborhood is out of power.
I had some of my first fertile turken eggs in the Nuture 360 and some quail in my Janoel. I really wanted to hatch those dang turkens. I’ve raised the parents since they were chicks! :barnie
While I did just come here to complain I gotta ask: how long do you think the eggs can go without heat? I live in AZ and my bators always run a bit hot - especially in the 360. I’ve never had eggs hatch on time (always early). How long do you think they can take being without heat?

This is why I have solar panels, no powerlines to my house, and why I own 14 silkie bantams~

Back
Top Bottom