My progress (New Update 11/4 Only 1 silkie made it)

Marie, I know how disheartening this is for you, but don't give up entirely. Just take a break from hatching then try again. I know you'll have a great hatch some day-there are alot of people on this board who had a slow start, but they kept trying and eventually, became darn good hatchers. You will, too.

OH Marie I'm sorry things didn't go well I know how heartbreaking it can be I had two little chicks that I had to help out and then realized I shouldn't have because they were really deformed
sad.png
I guess its a fine line.

I really hope the day twenty eggs go well for you.

Thanks guys for your support. I did take a few pics and will try to post them soon. The little buff silkie has curled toes and I have put a piece of tape on each foot to help but it seems to be fine otherwise. The others are great too. They look mostly black and have black legs and feet like a silkie but have pink looking skin. I can also see what looks like white parts on some of the wings but not sure if that will stay. I have seen that on blue silkies before and they outgrew it. Will be interesting to see how they turn out. But I will sell or give them away. Now I just need a faverolle roo since I know my pullet has some awsome eggs right? I had one more hatch today out of the other batch, or so I thought. This egg is not pure silkie but I don't think it is one of mine. When I put the eggs in the bator, I put all of mine and Jaynies in one side. Then when I got the sassy eggs I put them in the other side. I never moved them. So I don't know what could have happened. But it is not pure silkie. Has pink skin. Anyway, I am waiting to see if any of the others hatch. I am at 7 right now. One buff silkie and the rest mixes. Thanks again for your support. But I think gettting live chicks might be the ticket here.

Marie

Quote:
I am sure Ms. Jaynie packaged them well , and with lots of warnings, and Speckled Hen does too. My post about labeling did not come out right. When I just read it, it sounded like an attack or someone's fault. That's not what I meant. What I meant was its too bad that we have to mail eggs and subject them to all the unknown before we get them. Sorry, Karen

Karen, I did not think you were saying anything wrong or attacking anyone. I was not posting back in defense really, just letting everyone know that ms. jaynie packaged them great. The P.O. probably shakes them and x-rays them on purpose knowing it will cost us more in the longrun in shipping charges to keep having more shipped. Anyway, thanks for clearling that up but I don't think anyone thought you meant anything by what you said. I sure did not.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom