My Puppy has to go to the vet! *CRY*

NahaniWolf

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
My puppy is injured! She may have torn her cruciate legament in her knee, poor darling she was playing with some other dogs and she started limping (a week ago) the emergency vet gave us infamitory med. so she wouldn't be in pain. She is going to the vets tomorow so the can take X-Rays and stuff like that, I'm so worried because shes only 16 weeks old and a puppy should be able to play and run and have fun but she has to be cooped up in the house almost all day and can't play tug or fetch and we can't go on walks and now I'm about to cry
hit.gif
And on top of it all I have a cold so I can't be there with her!!! I love her so much! so scared for her!
hide.gif
I don't know what to do! PULLING MY HAIR OUT OVER HERE!
hu.gif
idunno.gif
fl.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif

Last edited:
I had a dog with a torn cruciate that never needed surgery. She had a partial tear a recovered after a long rest. Later I just had to make sure I stretched her out before working.

Cruciate ligament surgery is really successful, but a lot is going to depend on how you manage her recovery, if indeed she has to have surgery. So make sure you follow the vet's instructions.

I'm sure your pup will make a full recovery.

What kind of pup is she?

whew... thats a relief, it turns out that it is just Lymes Disease wich isn't nearly as serious!
wee.gif
tears of joy
hit.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
YAY!

Phew, I guess Lyme's disease is okay? :hmm;

My dog tore his cruciate ligament in his rear left leg, and we couldn't afford the $1000 dollar surgery, so he had to take Rimadyl for about a month as it healed. He's adapted very well, and it only acts up once in a while if he's chasing the neighbor's dog away from the chickens and ducks. If you didn't know it happened, you wouldn't know it happened, if you know what I mean.

I feel guilty about not getting the surgery done, but he's still as active as ever, and it's been two solid years since it happened. It was WAY more expensive for the x-rays and orthopedic exam than we were quoted, so imagine how much more the operation would have cost?!

He jumped off a two story pile of dirt. Dumb dog.
idunno.gif

Any updates on the healing process or treatment of your dog??

Last edited:
Shoot, My dog had both acl's replaced (in hind legs) and he still won't slow down. I'm so glad I have a great vet. Hope yours gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom