My Pvc Chicken Coop Project

That's an awesome design. On your first design with the black PVC, what is the overall dimensions?

I'm figuring the width and center height using 20' lengths of PVC pipe would be roughly 6.5 ft?

I like the height but I'd like to make it a little wider if possible to get more sq. ft. I wonder if I can add say an extra 5' of length using a cut in half piece of PVC to make the runners 25' long.

I'm planning to cover the whole thing in 1/2" hardware cloth held with uv resistant zip ties. Has anyone run the hardware cloth underneath (like across the floor) as well for rodent protection? I was thinking of just running the hardware cloth be on the floor as well, then putting the bedding over it. That might make it harder to muck out the bedding though I am guessing. I'd rather not have to dig down 18"-24" around the perimeter to bury it.

But I have mink in my area so I need a very very tight coop to keep them out. I had ducks in this area as a kid and a mink chewed all their heads off in one night, a dozen ducks.

Then get a quality tarp to put over it for winter. That might make it rough in the wind though, but I think that's what I need for our tough winters here.

I'm going to be using 10' lengths of 3/4" sch 40 PVC conduit. I see above that piecing together lengths isn't as good as having a full 20' length, but in my area all I could find is 10' lengths, plus I'd have no way to get 20' lengths home. At my local Lowes, the gray 3/4" PVC conduit was actually lower in price than the white PVC pipe. But I will glue all joints.

I'm thinking of using 2x6 lumber for the base and then pipe clamps to hold the PVC to it. Then probably lengths of 1/2" rebar securing the wood frame to the ground.

Just to let everyone know i have built two more pens. Each unique in their uses. Thanks for all the likes!

Hello! By any chance anyone has a blueprint to make a PVC run for my chicken coop. I'd like the chickens and ducks to run around without getting chased by my two puppies.

Thanks for helping! :)

if you get on Facebook search for Happy Acres. that is my page and there are instructions for the pvc coop on there. if you can't find it send me a friend request to Susan Butler Griffith and we can go from there.

there are a lot of happy acres on facebook. if I knew if you were in canada or us and your province or state that would help find you. THx!!

Back
Top Bottom