My Pvc Chicken Coop Project

Well, only time and Mother Nature can answer that question. Wind blows through it and it is placed near a tree line. So hopefully it will stay put. I plan on moving it around my 3 acres with the help of my lawnmower.
lol.png

Quote:

Thank you all for your posts. I really appriciate the advice. The black pipe didn't set me back too much. A relative gave me about 30 feet of it. And I got the rest at a trailer house business for half price. My chickens and ducks and grandkids really love it. I can't wait till the chickens are bigger so I can construct their nests and roosts. It is made to be moveable around the acreage if I want.

Yes, I know the antifreeze is dangerous. I put a hotwire around the pen to keep out unwanted guests. Thanks
Quote:
I am sure that you are aware that antifreeze means death to dogs,etc.

Quote:
I am sure that you are aware that antifreeze means death to dogs,etc.

RV antifreeze is non toxic. It is used in the potable water lines for winter storage in freezing weather.

Thanks Chook-A-Holic, just got back in here. And yes RV antifreeze is harmless- it's what you put in your camper over winter so pipes don't bust.

What I was referring to is giving the coop some weight so the wind won't catch the back end and blow it across the yard. I figured adding water for weight and draining it out for moving would be easier than driving stakes in the ground. And then trying to remove the stakes when your ready to move. Eitherway that's a good looking coop.

Yes, I actually thought about that. While I was putting it together we were having some pretty strong winds and the back of the coop was blown sideways about 3 feet. My son came by the next day and while he was there we turned the coop to face the wind, and now the trees act as a windbreaker. The coop is now facing east to west. I just love it. I know that I can add to it quite easily. Thanks for your input.
Quote:

I have added a few more pics of my PVC chicken coop. Also another item for temporary pen would be to use a trampoline frame. You can wire it up and have a nice run.

I'm impressed! I think I'll try it..

Sher 1 Bearded Collie, 4 calves, 3 goats, 41 eggs in the incubator, and sheep coming. Grandma to Cole, Mom to Tim, and Mom-in-law to Alex, the saint.

Back
Top Bottom