MY Quail egg turner! 150ct. or 120ct. store bought?

I found this in the thrift store! I'm not sure what it was actually supposed to be and it's not as big but it will work. Now I just have to see how you an to turn the eggs. Lol

Hurry up Mr. Awesomeness! We are waiting..............
caf.gif

I've been waiting to see where this is going, but it raises a couple of questions.
I'm curious as to why someone would need more than 1 egg turner? (I was tired of buying egg turners...)
How are you planning on tilting your PVC tray 45 degrees in either direction with such a low clearance on the typical incubator?
Then, putting 150 quail eggs into the incubator? Just me, but they will be "wall to wall" eggs. The chicks won't be able to get out of their shells if the eggs are packed in like sardines.
I don't mean to sound like the voice of doom, but even if you plan on "tilting" the entire incubator with your turner inside, you will still have to figure out how to keep the humidity up without getting water all over the place.
Here is a link to the question about home made egg turners.

Seriously! Update this, please:) Looking forward to some solid hacking.

I just bought a Genesis Hovabator and I am afraid my quail rails are going to be too small for the jumbo coturnix I plan on hatching.

Back
Top Bottom