My quail's beak is dislocated HELP!!

Howdy, :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

It's definitely crossbeak, not an injury. In the first pic, it looks like there is alot of overgrowth,...do they have anything to rub their beaks on to keep them from growing too long?

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate
It suddenly happened one day and a little bleeding happened when i noticed it. Can that happen when a quail has crossbeak?

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with quail. I do agree with one of the other posters that you shouldn't breed it.

You said that it happened in September? Did her beak break? In the picture, it almost appears like her top beak is pointing up a little. Is that the case? Can you get a picture of her looking directly at the camera (with both eyes)?
Is this good?

Attachments

• 20221126_210333.jpg
    20221126_210333.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1
Is this good?
Pic is good....definitely 'classic' crossbeak and the beak needs to be trimmed....but at the same time, if she's eating, drinking without impairment, then she'll probably be ok.

I don't think that it occurred by an accident/injury....if that would have happened, she probably would have died, due to not being able to eat or drink if it was dislocated or broken.

Back
Top Bottom