My Quails Not Laying Eggs Yet

No. 9 ....... this is the one which has a very large lump inside it which ha been getting closer to its vent and is now very close to it (im almost sure it's an egg)

ooops ..... what am i gonna do now ..... i thot the lump was an egg ,if not den wat is it ??
and how to vent sex??

and ironically one uncle of mine said that all are hens

No telling what the lump you're feeling is but they are roosters without a doubt. Listen to the noise that the ones I pointed out as roosters make. Only roosters can make that chirpy crow. If you hear a bird do it, it's surely a rooster. That's another way you can check the white ones sex.

Rooster

Rooster

Rooster

Rooster

Rooster

No. 9 ....... this is the one which has a very large lump inside it which ha been getting closer to its vent and is now very close to it (im almost sure it's an egg)

Rooster

The white one you will have to hear it crow, lay an egg or vent sex it.

Sorry.

When you hold the bird and feel for the "lump" is it between the tail and the vent or between the vent and breast bone? Roosters will often have a lump between their tail and vent, this is their foam gland and if you press it gently but firmly a good amount of foam will come out, maybe the volume of a peanut. This area will usually be a redder color than the rest of the roosters' skin. In hens this area is paler in color, more like the rest of their skin.

Back
Top Bottom