My resolve crumbled and I was bad today...new chicks!

I would have a hard time with not buying all of them. OMG
My hubby would kill me we are still in the prosses of building the coop for just 6.
I wanted 25 myself but hubby talked me into 6 to start with since this is my first time.
Some times I hate him. Just wait till next year There maybe a divorce in the future.
lau.gif

Got 4 more this morning at the tsc in my town.
lol.png
They weren't as good a deal as the town where I work, but they were only $.99 each. I was hoping I could sneak them in, but DH caught me walking in the door. I told him that since none of the bantams from yesterday had feathered feet (which HE was disappointed about) I had to go see if our tsc had any like that and I bought them for him.
wink.png
He couldn't argue especially as they are so cute.
love.gif
So I wound up getting 2 silver/gray feathered foot bantams and 2 black sex links.
thumbsup.gif

I told DH the guy at tsc wanted to give me a great deal if I bought all the 1 1/2wk old sex links (@20), but I resisted. When I told DH the deal price, his eyes lit up and...no. I told him let's wait because this tsc is ending their chick days in 2 weeks at which time our older chicks will be outside and then we can scoop up the last deal if there is any.
big_smile.png

chicken math strikes again!

My hubby and I picked up our chicks two weeks ago, last week we go in for dog food and they still had four chicks left from the same batch.
Two each of two colors I didn't get the week before. He grabs a box and hands it to me, and when we check out the lady says "we're getting more in tomorrow!"
We go back two days later to "look" (the hubbies idea) and they were already gone.
sad.png
Easter week...

Hahah I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

We started with 16 chicks.

I now have 33 plus 3 ducks.

They were 1.25 at tsc yesterday...so I had to add a few...came out with 2 buff orpingtons, 1 austalorp, 1 SLW and 1 black sex link.

And they had others too! I convinced myself 5 was a good number.

I just LOVE my australorp...I want MORE!
lol.png

WOW! I need to head on over to TSC! Our closest one is 35 miles away. We have Orschlands here in Oklahoma and they never have deals that good... that I know of anyways. Well I need chicken feed so I might just go see. They had Wellsummers on sale last week for $3 and they were about 2 weeks old. Shoudl have grabbed a couple - they lay chocolate colored eggs! I have almost 40 eggs in my incubator right now due to hatch any day!

i dont really need any more - but all the babies are half priced at my store 0- and i still want some reds.... so i better stay out of there - but if they go to less than a dollar - all bets are off!

Wow, $.50 cents? What TSC did you find??? I have been to ours several times in the last 2 months or so and have not seen any chicks for that price. Which I am not looking to buy either, but that is a good price.

Back
Top Bottom