My rollout nest box build - Pic Heavy

typically, that's how it works, but the folks from this post haven't been on it since 2013, so your odds are not good they will answer. You can search this site for newer posts.
I understand what you are saying, however, it doesn't really help when BYC itself promotes those old posts, in the "Similar threads" section of every post. I know that there is time date stamps, but who really looks at those when they have some question or bit of info they need to, get to typing, while it's fresh in their heads. I also don't see an actual problem with old post being commented on, at least not to the point of bring it up to the poster. Updates on old post should be looked at as a good thing. "How is it doing now?", "Any issues you didn't think would be issues?", "Anything you would have done different or added while you had the chance.?" Those questions tend to take time to get a good "time will tell" answer.

Yes I have seen that too. My concern with that is that if a chicken is in the box when it closes, they are trapped.

Better to push them out I think. Like in this video. Notice how the Push Out panel doesn't go all the way to the bottom, even at it's lowest position, that is so it doesn't push the eggs out, just the bird. Neat.

Wow that is cool!

I understand what you are saying, however, it doesn't really help when BYC itself promotes those old posts, in the "Similar threads" section of every post. I know that there is time date stamps, but who really looks at those when they have some question or bit of info they need to, get to typing, while it's fresh in their heads. I also don't see an actual problem with old post being commented on, at least not to the point of bring it up to the poster. Updates on old post should be looked at as a good thing. "How is it doing now?", "Any issues you didn't think would be issues?", "Anything you would have done different or added while you had the chance.?" Those questions tend to take time to get a good "time will tell" answer.
If the poster was still active on BYC, commenting on an older post makes sense to me - they would see it and be able to respond. But in some cases, particularly where the poster(s) are not active and haven't been for some time, creating a new post will get more responses from the community. You could even link the older thread and ask folks if they tried whatever it was and if it worked for them. For sure, you can comment on any post you want to. If you don't get the response you expect, there are other options you can try.

I'm glad folks have revived this thread, I've been looking for more info on this subject myself.

I've been disappointed a number of times when I come across an interesting thread and want to discuss it, and it's like 15-20 years old and none of the contributors are on BYC anymore. But occasionally, if the member who originally posted is still active, they'll answer.

Last edited:
You could even link the older thread and ask folks if they tried whatever it was and if it worked for them.

I tried that once and oh boy was there ever such confusion. There was so much referencing back and forth between the two threads that nobody could make heads or tales of it all.

Again I do know what you mean.

Be nice, to make a team, like Seal team 6, to go after these old threads starters and "compel" them get back in the fold. You know "Make them an offer they can't refuse". By gosh we NEED answers! LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom