My rooster and I’s Relationship

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I have an aggressive rooster but here’s the thing he loves to cuddle. I know I was confused at first too. He is 2 years, at first when he was younger he starting showing signs of aggression but than the next minute he’s falling asleep in my lap. He loves taking walks with me and being held in my arms. He sits on my lap. After this when I put him back he pecks me hard or bites me because he didn’t like the way I put him back. He’ll flog and spur me but after he does that I pick him up, we walk and cuddle and than I sit in the coop now and wait for him to get of by himself and that’s actually worked. He doesn’t bite. He goes from being mean one minute and the next he’s my baby. He is 100% aggressive to others except when it comes to me occasionally. Does anyone else have this? He is more defensive when I’m near his girls, which I understand. It’s the moment to walk him away from them and he’s fine. He does still flog me here and there but other than that he’s my sweet little boy. I call it our “toxic” relationship😂. I am curious though if anyone has experienced this.

Uh, no. Nor what I put up with that even if he is sweet sometimes. But I'm hardcore when it comes to mean roosters.
He’s my first one and I was afraid he would be killed with a new owner. I love him very much. I have boundaries with him and he hasn’t crossed any and hopefully will never

If his eyes are shut that could be a fear thing I have seen roosters that are getting picked on shut there eyes to protect them. Not saying that is what is just throwing that out there.

If his eyes are shut that could be a fear thing I have seen roosters that are getting picked on shut there eyes to protect them. Not saying that is what is just throwing that out there.
I usally scratch behind his comb when he’s falling alseep. He does that thing where your tryin not to fall asleep so u keep trying to have your eyes open.

Back
Top Bottom