My rooster crows ALL NIGHT long! Help?

Nope light has nothing to do with it. My rooster and chickens are in a barn at night with NO LIGHT what so ever. But what I do notice is when the neighbors below us who have Peacocks go off around 3:30 so does my rooster. Still doesn't make sense why a rooster crows day and night.

Our "Dominicker" (Barred Rock?), Junior, seems to be set off by noises or by seeing something he thinks doesn't belong. He's a great watch-chicken.

But then Junior's kinda weird anyway. I believe he's monogamous. We have 7 hens, and he's with them 24/7. I gathered a week's worth of eggs and put them in an incubator thinking we'd get at least a 50% hatch rate. Nope. 4 out of 13 eggs were fertile, the others had no development whatsoever.

MY MAIN ROO IS ABOUT A YEAR OLD AND HE HAS STARTED ABOUT 10PM CROWING AND HE GETS THE REST GOING AND ITS ALL NIGHT.
MY GRAND DAD WAS A FIRM BELIEVER IF A ROOSTER CROWS AT NIGHT ITS TIME FOR FRIER. HE SAID WAS BAD LUCK.

My rooster has just started the night crow,I live in the klein karoo in south africa it is now late winter and there is no lights on after dark,tho we did have an unusually bright full moon last night which could have affected him so that might be it, has never happened before.

I had to put a heat lamp into the coop because it was so cold and we have chickens in there, and that's when they started to crow all night. When the temp went to 0C, I turned off the light and they didn't crow all night. I think it is the light for us but I can't turn it off until the weather warms up. We will move the roosters into their own yard and the little house is completely closed, they won't see any light, but even if they crow it is so quiet with the door locked that we won't care. There are 5 roosters together now and they will need to move and leave the hens alone too.

I’ve followed this thread with interest as I have a rooster.
Fortunately he only crows in the day time.
Try and get the light turned off and he’ll shut up.......:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom