My rooster hates me...

You will not get that rooster to be nice to you because you are nice to him. Chickens do not think like humans nor do they respond well to being treated like humans. Watch your chickens behavior and start thinking more like a dominant rooster. If you behave like a dominant rooster he will change his behavior toward you.

Have you ever watched Cesar Milan with dogs. He thinks like a dog hence his success with dogs. He (kindly) reprimands people for beleiving that their dogs will respond to being treated like humans. In dogs it is pack leader in chickens it is head of the flock. Your rooster has to see you as the big bad rooster in the yard.

I see this is a few yrs old but I'm looking for tips. I got help on this site before when my little roo Merle was sick. Now he's well but this last week has started attacking my shoes and legs when I bring in their treats. He seems to always be on guard when I'm in the pen. I know he's doing his job but my relaxing hobby is now stressful. I read about picking him up. In ready to try but honestly I'm afraid to try. I got all dressed up in my protective gear and sat on a chair in the pen but all he did was give me the evil eye. I feel a bond with him because of how sick he was and dont want to give him up unless I really gave to. Help!!

Ha ha ha funny i was sent here when i asked the ol search engine. So my roo is aggressive somewhat to my husband but he hates me hates me. Excellent roo beautiful boy but he hates me. So i put him in a another spot in the coup while i do my thing. Its just roosters they are like that lucky hes a little silky cause mine os like a 10 lb hampshire i mean he is huge my niece thought he was a turkey

Back
Top Bottom