My Rooster is missing!

My guess is he was snagged by a trap, if they are in a trap they make no sounds. Also I just found my roo and he has marks on his back similair to your hen, my guess is that she got snagged first and released but he wasn't so lucky :( or maybe he is still snagged somewhere.

I hate those nasty coyotes. They are an invasive species. They also carry rabies. B/c it was at dusk I bet it was a coyote MB a fox. I know you loved that rooster.
Here are a few suggestions, I hope one works. Buy a product called Wolf Pee online. It sprinkles like Epsom salt and has the urine of wolf which is about all that will deter a coyote. I have not used it myself so I cannot rate its effectiveness. The ad says chickens ignore it, but I have my doubts about that part. Shoot every coyote or fox you see. Coyotes will not stop until they eat everything you have, they just keep coming back. They have become much more plentiful the past few years and have become bold. Also, I have been told by others to turn on a battery operated radio in the barn or chicken coop to Talk Radio. The sound of human language makes them think you are out there. Buy a bunch of cheap dollar store solar garden pathway lights. They are nocturnal animals between the radio talk and the lights they think people are there. I am sorry for your pet chicken being lost.

Back
Top Bottom